Continuing the conversation...
We invite you to use this virtual space to continue the discussion. Please leave your feedback and insights on any of the prompts below.
What artistic expressions have you experienced that speaks to the future?
What does Black History for the Black Future mean to you?
Reflect upon what you're learning this Black History Month. Then share what your hopes for the future?
Please note the Code of Conduct for this discussion:
We ask that you please:
1. be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the Code of Conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
2. respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for your input about your posting, but in most cases we will not; please respect our decisions. Also, we may edit for content, so if you have an issue with our moderation, please contact an administrator or moderator by private message.
3. refrain from using the board to send abusive or harassing private messages or emails.
4. remember that these forums are read by people of all ages so we strive to maintain postings appropriate to everyone.
5. report to a moderator or administrator privately if you have found a post that you feel is inappropriate or that violates the forum Code of Conduct. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message, so we appreciate your assistance. Please do not start a debate in the open forum by responding to the post.
We further ask you to:
1. understand that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not those of the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people).
2. agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Any of these actions may result in your being temporarily or permanently banned from these forums, and your service provider may also be informed.
3. understand that the webmaster, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning, and/or may censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
4. acknowledge that, if you continue to violate this Code of Conduct, your account will be reviewed and you could be banned.
5. understand that the forum resolution team (currently the administrators) has the sole discretion to ban violators of this Code of Conduct.
Examples of inappropriate actions that may result in banning:
- Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person). These, along with any generally condescending posts, will be removed at the moderators’ discretion. This is a banning offense.
- If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. A post including flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments), will be banned.